Obit of Chas F. FRENZEL (b.1831 d.1903), Sibley Co., MN

USGENWEB NOTICE: In keeping with our policy of providing free information
on the Internet, material may be freely used by non-commercial entities,
as long as this message remains on all copied material, AND permission is
obtained from the contributor of the file.

These electronic pages may NOT be reproduced in any format for profit or
presentation by other organizations. Persons or organizations desiring to
use this material for non-commercial purposes, MUST obtain the written
consent of the contributor, OR the legal representative of the submitter,
and contact the listed USGenWeb archivist with proof of this consent.

Made available to The USGenWeb Archives by: Dwight Grabitske 

Arlington Enterprise
Thursday 5 March 1903

	At his home in Arlington township, Chas F. Frenzel died on 
Saturday morning, Feb. 28th, at 3:30, after an operation performed to 
relieve gall stones.
	Mr. Frenzel was born on March 23rd 1831, at Barnddorf, Germany, 
and was 71 years, 11 months and 23 days old at the time of his death.
	In 1840 he came to Missouri with his parents and lived there 
with them until he was 24 years old.  In 1864 he came to Sibley county, 
Minn., and first settled on what is now the Meffert farm, remaining 
there until 1872 when he purchased the place just on the edge of this 
village where he resided until his death.  He was thrifty and accumulated 
a nice bit of property.  For the past 24 years he has been bothered with 
a sore leg which made his last years not as pleasant as they otherwise 
would have been.  His last illness lasted only ten days.  The operation 
was performed on Thursday night and he died about 30 hours later.
	Mr. Frenzel was married when a young man to Johanna Dorotha Sophia
Hillemann, sister of Chas Hillemann, Sr., and six children were born to 
the union, only two of whom are now living, viz: Edward Frenzel and Mrs. 
John Meyer, Jr. both of Arlington township.  The wife and mother died 
August 24, 1878.
	Funeral services were held Monday at 1 p.m. from the house and 
the remains were interred in the Lutheran cemetery west of town.  Rev. 
Robert officiated.