Landmarks in Ancient Dover, New Hampshire by Mary P. Thompson, Durham, N.H. ©1892, Printed by the Republican Press Association, Concord, N.H. LANDMARKS: Dover Neck NAMES: FFURBER, William; AUSTIN, Joseph; Dover Neck. This neck is mentioned in 1643, when William Ffurber had a grant of "two house lots containing six acres, on the east side of ye neck of Dover, butting on ye fore side of the river, next Joseph Austin at the north." Dover Neck and Point constitute a tongue of high land that extends between Fore and Back rivers to the main body of the Pascataqua. Belknap describes it as a ridge "about two miles long, and half a mile wide, raising gently along a fine road, and declining on each side like a ship's deck." PG 64 - Submitted by C. Parziale **************************************************************************** * * * * Notice: Printing the files within by non-commercial individuals and libraries is encouraged, as long as all notices and submitter informa- tion is included. Any other use, including copying files to other sites requires permission from submitters PRIOR to uploading to any other sites. We encourage links to the state and county table of contents. * * * * The USGenWeb Project makes no claims or estimates of the validity of the information submitted and reminds you that each new piece of information must be researched and proved or disproved by weight of evidence. It is always best to consult the original material for verification.